Friday, December 12, 2008

Sustainable Cities




Why are sustainable buildings so weird. I have researched this over and over again and one would think that buildings that are meant to last would be larger and a little more simpler. Is it something about the design that makes these buildings built better to last longer? I can see the greater use of trees and shrubs to promote a healthier breathing environment. Can anyone answer this question? When I think of something lasting forever I think of a strong structure without many pieces to it. I know these are all just depictions of buildings but one needs to ask.

What I also want to know is if there are already blue prints for these buildings, why are they not being built already. Sustainable designs seem to more costly at first I suppose. Building green is not the cheapest thing to do. This is where my research project came into play. Trying to find funds to help support sustainability is not the easiest thing.



It would be so amazing to attend a school like this. To be able to go to a school that was independent when it came energy uses and other such things. This does seem to look expensive and the materials that would be needed to make this school would not be easy or cheap to find.



Another example of weird looking buildings of the future.



An idea that would work, however building on water would only pollute water in the end I think. There is a lot more space available on water. One problem that would be faced would be weather, like storms and tides.

No comments: